Sunday, May 17, 2009

Baby Shower!

So, I think there is a need for something cheerful on this blog...it's been a minute or two! This past Saturday was my baby shower for Baby Finley. I realize I'm not due until September, but this summer is super busy (we won't even talk about August!) and mid-May worked for nearly everyone! I feel so loved on and so blessed by the women in my life. Although I love all the gifts I received, the people are what made the afternoon wonderful. So, I am highlighting them!



This is the yummy cake! My aunt Lis debated on how to spell his name. Apparently her and the cake decorator discussed it at length...and this is what they came up with. Close, but no cigar! After this picture, I took a finger and gently wiped away the 'D'. It tasted good, either way!


These are the aunties that threw the shower for me. They are three of my dad's four sisters and I love them all dearly. Aunt Leslie, me, Aunt Marsha, and Aunt Lis. I hope they have some idea of what this meant to me. There were a few family members that didn't think a baby shower for a second baby was appropriate. I felt differently because this baby was so unexpected and we feel so blessed to have him. I wanted to celebrate him, just like we did his big brother 5 years ago. Thank you, aunties!

Aunt Leslie, again.

Aunt Marsha, who opened her home for us!

My 18 year old cousin, Briana.


Aunt Lis, again, with her daughter-in-law, Stacey.


Erika, who I was so thankful could make it! Our colors look good together!



My baby sister who is making (blessing me) be in her wedding 3 weeks before I give birth! I will be huge! Also, my mother who I am resembling already!



My favorite Bakers! Emma, Amber, and Gracie...all looking great! It was wonderful for my family to meet the family I have talked about for quite some time, now. They enjoyed getting to know the girls!


My first and only roommate ever, Erin. She drove over an hour to come and I'm so thankful! (She will hate that her eyes are closed!)



My cousin and aunt, Shelbi and Nancy.


My favorite, Grandma (real name: Carolyn). She is so special to me and so trendy. I love her!
All in all, it was a wonderfully blessed morning. I was looking forward to it, needing it even, after the last 6 weeks. It was nice to celebrate something and anticipate his arrival. I received some amazing gifts, a few which were hand-made. There is something about someone putting effort (maybe pain and tears too!) into crafting something one of a kind. I'm so fortunate for all those ladies who love me enough to spend the morning giggling, oohing, and aahing over baby clothes and accessories.
Thank you all!

2 comments:

my life: said...

It was a lovely time...you were surrounded by those who love you. I'm glad I got to be one of them.
:0)

I would never make you takem to chinatown! :0) Just being that...adoptive momma...figuring it all out. ;0)

Jennifer Owens said...

I'm so glad you were able to have a time of celebration for upcoming arrival of your little Findley.

And you look positively radiant!