Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Maeic's Big Brother Class

On Monday night, Andy and I took Maeic to learn how to be a good big brother! This class was given for first time siblings at the hospital where we are planning on delivering. It was only an hour an a half long, just a tad bit on the long side for a very active 4 year old! There were several other kids in the class, only one older than Maeic. He was so proud to tell them he was having a baby brother named Baby Finley...hopefully he drops the title of "Baby" by the time Finley is 10 or so!






Here he is in the yellow hat, being very patient by waiting his turn in line. All the kids got to choose a hat (thankfully he didn't pick pink) and a small stuffed animal to take home. He choose the cute little monkey that became the litle brother for the monkey we brought to practice diapering.

Here he is trying his darndest to diaper his stuffed monkey. He's going to be such a good big brother!

Here he is learning a kind and gentle way of holding a baby. They watched a video on how to hold a baby, and altough this isn't as hilarious to him as holding the baby by an ear, this is a solid way to do it!

All in all, it's unreal to me that when I signed him up for this class, I was thinking, "That will be really close to the due date". Well, here we are...a little over 5 weeks away. It's been amazing, and with my sister's wedding approaching, I'm sure the time will continue to fly by!






2 comments:

my life: said...

I am LOVING him holding that monkey! He looks like he is totally paying attention! Big boy...so exciting!

Jenn said...

I love it!! He is sooooo cute! I'm sure he will make an awesome big brother!