So, I had a great experience today, one that hubby initially scoffed at! Ha!
I have been talking to a few people recently about their success with freecycle.org and how it's been a really cool thing. So, I'm cleaning out the storage area of our basement yesterday (some call this nesting, I call it boredom + necessity) and came across 4 bar stools that we asked the previous owners of our home to leave once they sold us the house. Well, they were many years old, and many children swiveled those things into our kitchen island many times. So, I thought I'd try my hand at the website. I put a description of the stools on the site around 9, around 10 I had someone offer to pick them up by this afternoon. Within the next 3 hours, 12 more people replied saying they were interested!...in my 'garbage'! I love it! A husband and wife came 20 minutes ago to pick them up (I let my 90 lb Akita watch out the front screen door, should these people turn out to be sketchy). They were so nice, so normal looking. And, Andy won't be burning these bar stools and they won't be sitting in a landfill! (I have no time to have a garage sale...also, I probably don't have enough junk to pull one off).
So, I'm off to scourge my house of other junk/treasures to see who wants them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm totally going to check this out!
Post a Comment