Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm feeling kind of awesome and productive!

Yeah for nesting! And, for actually having time on my hands to do things I've wanted to do for quite some time!

So, here I am, just a few days ago. I am currently 27 weeks, only working 2 days a week, and loving life. I am, however, not loving the love handles I took months to loose. Whatever. There will be time for that later, I suppose.




I've also started 'organizing' Baby Finley's room recently. I've got my new clothes sorted by age and will move the bigger ones to the basement soon. We've been stocking up on diapers so we don't feel like we're taking such a hit when he arrives. The bear on the shelf is the one his big brother made for him at Build-a-Bear and can't manage to keep his hands off of, so there it sits. Up high.


I've decided that the 'theme' of Finley's nursery is....circles. I know, not amazing, not creative, but something I'll like at least a year from now. I'll show you my progress thus far in implementing the 'theme'. Also, I have sheets with various designs of circles or polka dots too.



This is a 2' x 3' canvas I painted that is situated between the two windows. I kind of like it.




These are 8x10 canvases that refuse to hang precisely straight. Still, the color breaks up the copper wall color.

And now, for the reason I am feeling awesome today! I have not sewn since 1993, literally. That experience only took place because my mom made me take a sewing class in middle school (you can imagine how populated that class was) when all the cool kids were taking shop. I was devastated...but not anymore! She bought me a 'beginner' sewing machine for Christmas. I did not ask for it, I was not at all interested in it at the time. It collected dust for 6 months. However, I decided to recruit my mother-in-law this morning to help me figure out how to set it up because I've got baby stuff to be making! (Note: the box read AGES 8 AND UP. So help me if I couldn't figure it out...at least with her help!). Anyway, I'm on a roll.






Simple, I know. However, Finley will have the cutest burp clothes in Indiana. I will admit, they are not as well done as my bff made, but they are good enough for the Duncan house!



Finally, my last project of the day. We've had this glider since Maeic was born. The ottoman was discolored in many places, plus it's just not an amazing fabric. So, I while I was at the fabric store looking for cute ribbon, I found this material to recover the ottoman! I'm intending on making matching pillows to pull it all together tomorrow. I'm so excited, plus it looks cute in his room.
Yeah for me today!


4 comments:

my life: said...

Kind of awesome???? TOTALLY awesome! I LOVE it all...I am so proud of you friend!!!!! It looks amazing...as do you. :0)
Can't wait to see it all in person!

photogirl81 said...

Amazing JAMIE! I love your creativeness. Miss you and let me know if I can do anything to help at all!!!

Jennifer Owens said...

Wow - look at you Miss Creative Thang!!! (o: I love the circles and colors and your fun projects - everything looks great.

I think I'm officially done nesting and just want everything DONE already!

AnnDee said...

Sis...a few things:
A) Nice job on the blog! it's very pretty and entertaining.
B) I'm a little saddened that I am not included in your pics...though the fiance is.
C) I think I've noticed that not only will Fin love circles...he will get it from his mama. I'v noticed the circles decor of your blog page....but I like it!