I think I should begin every post this way!
T made her way into our family today and we are thankful/exhausted/drained/blessed by the end of this day. She is quietly asleep in her new room and with only a few minutes of crying before falling asleep around 7. Today was a long day for her as well, I am sure.
I have been taught something today that I wasn't expecting or anticipating. Because of her situation being so tumultuous and uncertain it allows me to love Maeic in a whole new way. I love him differently and more today than in days past. I'm so thankful I have been given him from God, but he is mine. He belongs to me and Andy. No one else.
This is not really the case with T. She has been loved and has loved another family. I'm sure to some degree is loved by her father and mother and she shows affection in return. And now...we love her too. I know we have custody of her, so you could say she belongs to us-but she doesn't, really. Does she belong to the state? her father because he still has 'rights'?
Today has been long, and I'm so grateful it is over. I'm told it went as well as it could have...that said I wanted to puke for the first part of it due to nerves.
All in all, I am blessed and so very thankful this is His plan, not mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Congrats Jamie!! I didn't realize that T was going to be yours...that is awesome!
Praying for a wonderful transition!
She even found time to post!! :0)
I completely wanted to call last night...to see how she did. (Thank heavens I knew she was in such good hands) Releasing her physically left me...exhausted. I checked out shortly after you left.
I rearranged their room...took Tylenol...got my hair cut...was in bed by 8:30! Today is a new day...I'm feeling better.
P.S.
The kids are all doing just fine...it's just their crazy mother!! :0)
Aw! This is so sweet. I'm so happy she is with you all and ready to start a new chapter in life.
Jamie,
I can't imagine the mix of emotions you've experienced in getting T. I am so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see you at Christmas in January. :)
Love u!
Post a Comment