So, I got an idea from a few different people. I am going to (do my best) to recall the blessings that were revealed to me in 2008. A good friend mentioned how human we are when God answers our prayers or blesses us and we forget. I don't want to forget, not even the smallest thing He has done for me. However, I am absolutely positive this list will not be conclusive...and they are in no order.
1. Always having the 'right' amount of clients for work. I cannot describe to you that 'timing' of one child being discharged from my caseload just to have another one fill its place-almost to the exact week.
2. Andy getting a job offer only three months after losing his former job. I firmly believe he is where God has placed him, and I also believed God has removed him from the other place-a place he probably wouldn't have left on his own.
3. My sister has most likely found the man she will spend the rest of her life with, and it is quite an honor to see their relationship grow under God's guidance.
4. Healthy, amazing babies (around 12 or so from women I know).
5. Our own infertility. God has not provided the understanding for this, but I have no doubt it is for His purpose and glory. I am also thankful for a certain blog that brought me to my knees, allowing me to experience my grief as only He knew I needed.
6. T coming to our house and allowing us to grow in our faith because of her spot in our family. Our faith has been strengthened because we have experienced a situation in which we have very little control.
7. My hubby is on day 6 of not smoking.
8. Unexpected pregnancies of friends who thought it would never happen.
9. A best friend, something I have been praying for for quite some time.
10. Security in a Father who is infallible and omnipresent, regardless of the stock markets or presidential candidates, or whatever else may come.
Surely there are far, far more than 10, I will kick myself later for forgetting the others.
It's been a blessed 2008 as I'm sure 2009 will be also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
God uses all things for His Glory... the good, bad and the ugly! Your downs are His ups! In order to see His way... just stand on your head! LOL I wish it were that easy... just a wee bit of encouragment all things happen for a reason, sometimes we just don't see it clearly in the here and now! 2009 I pray you will see many joyful blessings even in the smallest things! Happy New Year!!!
AW...why disappointed??? You silly girl :0)
Great post...looking forward to sharing 2009 with you!!!!!!!!!!!!
This blog needs a 2009 post....NO pressure. :0)
This is a beautiful post! I have been thinking recently that I need to start listing, maybe daily, all the blessings in my life. What a great idea!
Post a Comment