Friday, February 20, 2009

Because it's been so long....

This post will be full of random things I should have been keeping track of but had little energy at the end of the night to log.


What's at the top of my brain: I spoke with T's S.C.A.N. worker today and starting next week we have/get to start meeting her dad in the parking lot of his apartment complex. Good times. Up until this time, we have been able to avoid seeing him because the worker has taken her to him and brought her back from his place. For whatever reason, things are changing next week. Supposedly, this will enable him to ask us questions regarding her...her clothing size, what she eats, ect. So, to make these conversations as short as possible, I am going to compile a list of "Things You Should Know About Your Daughter if She Were Ever in Your Care" and give them to him on a piece of paper.

I know this is all in the effort to reunify. If that is what is to come, so be it. Our prayer, literally, is that this process happen quickly. We see no benefit in keeping her longer than absolutely necessary--it will not help her, her dad, or our family. So, we will see what her DCS caseworker comes up with. I e-mailed him a week and a half ago, he called our home tonight to say he will have time next Tuesday to speak with me. Apparently he is a busy man. Two weeks later-slightly ridiculous. I kind of feel like even he has given up on this case. He knows the inevitable is going to happen, why pour more energy into the foster parents?

I'm trying to see in my head what it will be like to pack her up and send her to him. Not back to him because he never had her. What will it be like for her? I know there is a very weird biological bond she has with him--I don't get it, I find him a bit on the yucky side. However, she does not. I can't explain it but hopefully it's a really good thing in the long run.


Now, for the good stuff....
Since discovering my pregnancy, I've been off the "Losing Weight" train onto the "I don't really care because I'm prego" train. So when I read that a local bakery was selling Paczki pastries I decided they were something I would like to try. I apologize that I have no idea how to pronounce this word (despite asking two different people who sold them), but they are 'mm-mm' good! I actually went to two different locations trying to seek out the flavor I wanted (Bavarian Cream, well worth the mileage I might add). They came in cream cheese, strawberry, red raspberry, Bavarian cream, apple, and lemon. I had three in a bag (one for me, one for hubby, and one for the kids to split) and the bag seriously weighed around 2 pounds--for 3 pastries!!! That is a sign of deliciousness if you ask me!



Here is a pic I got off the Internet, but they looked just like this.





Amazingly huge. I could barely finish it (but somehow managed!). Andy also said he could barely finish it--that must speak for itself.





This is kind of a weird picture, but Maeic loved that the strawberry filling looked like blood-he's four.






T is not even sure how to tackle it. I ended up cutting it into bites, otherwise she only wanted to like of the powdered sugar!


All in all, I think the paczkis warded off the bitterness that Fridays normally hold for our family. If we can maintain that for under $5, I think we're considering it a win!

1 comment:

Jennifer Owens said...

I can't imagine the rollercoaster you must be feeling with all that's going on with T and preparing to send her off. Putting myself in your shoes for a moment just makes me want to cry.

As for the pastries -

I too went off the losing weight train to the I'm pregnant and I'll eat what I want train. I am pretty against sweets because I crave all things salty, however doughnuts are the only sweet thing I find that I crave. Especially cream filled ones. Chocolate covered pudding filled...yum.

Glad you induldged a bit.