Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another new transistion

So tomorrow, at 9:15 miss T will join her bio dad for the weekend. There are weird thoughts running through my mind.

On one side of this, I feel like if this process is going to happen, I should just remain prayerful and let it happen. It will be nice to give Maeic the full attention he craves (I know he doesn't need it, but I'm sure he'll enjoy this weekend) and to remember what our bio family looks like.

On the flip side, I'm nervous. I don't know what to expect. I can't imagine she will have a smooth Monday or Tuesday after she arrives back with us on Sunday. God rocks though, He could totally make that happen. Also, I know no matter how great of a father he may be (unlikely at best) his expectations, rules, and routines are going to vary from ours. I know, no big deal. However, it's just one thing to keep my mind brewing.
For a brighter note, Nana Jane took our family on an outing to It's Playtime yesterday. Despite short naps, the kids loved it. It is a huge room filled with many, many different kinds of toys. There are dress up clothes, Lego tables, train tables, doll houses, scooters and other things to ride on, and a huge climbing apparatus and rock wall. The kids could have played all night, I think. We cut them off after an hour! It seems pessimistic to say, but this outing may have been one of the last ones we do as the family we are at this time. We both work during the week and if we do anything fun with my parents, it's over the weekend. T will not be there for it. On that note, here are some pictures from yesterday. They barely held still, so there are few!

He was a magician and was pulling 'diamonds' from his new found top hat.

Dressing up like a princess, her cute pony tail falling by the wayside....

This was the third picture I took of him, all the other ones he couldn't bother to look at the camera for more than 1/2 of a second!

All in all, we had a nice time...we'll go back--whether as a family of 4 or 3.

1 comment:

Mrs. S said...

Oh I hope things go well and smoothly for you all. I will definitely be praying for you all. God remains in control, and He will take care of you and your family during this!

The photos were so sweet! Looks like they were having a ball!