Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Beginning of Spring

So,we will call this day 'spring-like', but this is not to be confused with the actual 'Spring'. Days like today come once a month or so in the mid-west, we will not be fooled into thinking they are the new normal. They are kind of like a 'Glimpse of Things to Come'. Either way, when the temp is above 45 and sunny, the kids will definitely be put outside!

Because we don't have snow right now (although they are calling for it next week...bummer), we have mud. This is the best news my 4 year old heard all day. Let me assure you, I had no doubts he would be covered by the time he strolled in. However, I didn't anticipate him 'decorating' my window and door.




This is the sliding glass door I had the nerve to clean last week.



Notice the window is now opaque. He was making 'scum angels' like on Finding Nemo. Andy died laughing, I began counting down the days until I could get a bucket of soap and water out there and not freeze.
On a side note, Andy has been working a ton of hours lately and rarely has a day off. Unfortunately for him, he falls asleep on the couch in the family room where the children have access to him. One such day, a red dry-erase marker was left out on the counter and a certain 4 year old left his room prematurely from nap.

I know you can't tell very well, but Andy has red polka dots on his face. He also had a crumpled up sticker on him, but he woke enough to remove it before I grabbed the camera. Maybe he should move to the bed where he is more protected from the heathens.

2 comments:

my life: said...

TOO funny! You are a better mom than I....
The Andy pic...I died laughing! When I first saw it I thought...what kind of work do they have him doing...that he's getting beat up???? :0) too funny!

photogirl81 said...

I thought the same thing as Amber...Too cute!! Miss you guys!!!