Saturday, March 28, 2009

Our really fun day!

I had an amazing day with my mom, dad, and Maeic yesterday...the only fault was that Andy couldn't be there to experience it with us!

We traveled to the Indianapolis Children's Museum for the afternoon and spent the day just learning and enjoying time with a delightfully behaved 4 year old. He was wonderful, held hands when needed, listened well, walked from exhibit to exhibit without a meltdown or fight. It was grand!

First stop on the way there, Cracker Barrel. We thought it best to eat before arriving at the museum or we never would have been able to pull him away to break for food. I'm not sure who's winning, but Dad is playing checkers and Maiec mistook it for air hockey. Maybe they both won...






For a little boy who LOVES dinosaurs, this is quite the scene when first arriving at the museum. They are life size and look as though they are busting out!






This is Maeic the archaeologist! I love how the goggle pull down the skin around his eyes...he looks like a very tired, strung out archaeologist.....

Maeic and the dragon from sleeping beauty. As a side note, my child refuses or is not able to look at a camera when someone is taking a picture. It is irritating and annoying but it is what it is. So, there is, literally, one picture out of all of these that Maeic is actually looking at the lens...just thought it worthy of mentioning....

On of the greatest things about a children's museum is that it is designed to be safe and secure. A parent need not worry their child will break something. They can't, and I'm sure many have tried! This is the Lego room that is designed to replicate medieval castles. It was very cool. I would have loved to have read everything there was to read and learn about, but I was in the presence of a four year old. There will be years later to learn, right now it's all about play!

Dad had to hold him down for this one!




He's a bit worn out already, we are only on level 2 of 4 and in the Super Hero room. Because we are making an effort to keep our little one age appropriate, he's not even sure who Batman and Superman are. He likes the looks of them, but he's never watched a cartoon with them in it. We figure there is all the time in the world for those cartoons, he's only 4 right now, we'd like to keep it that way.


Maeic's new 'friends' as we were waiting in line for the 5 and under room. This was a great area with sand, huge water tables, and play equipment for those under 5. Also, they limit the amount of people in this room so as not to crowd the little ones.


The water table he would have never left unless we insisted.



The cool hand train that he wouldn't even sit still on long enough for me to get a pic.



This is, apparently, the only pic we got with each other. Maeic, Mommy, and the 14 week baby growing in her belly!


The only photo Maeic was looking at the camera.


The end of day parade. Led by a dinosaur named Rex. I know this picture is flawed, but we were walking down a declining ramp and I was walking backward. This is as good as it was going to get!
All in all, it was a fabulous day!














2 comments:

my life: said...

Now I TOTALLY want to go!

I think Maeic also looks like your dad. I'm thinkin...

Also...How much fun was all of that? Too much. Grace would LOVE that water stuff. We have so many Riley trips coming up...we are totally going to use one for the museum.:0)

P.S. Can't wait till we see a baby "bump" :0) Glad you all had a marvelous day.

Jennifer Owens said...

This makes me want to go to a children's museum - for me! I want to play! That looked like so much fun!

I can't wait to see your baby belly grow more! (o: I seem to have popped over the weekend I think. (Which may or may not have been excess chips and queso that was consumed).