Today begins the week of my favorite week of the year.
Palm Sunday amazes me. To think, thousands of years ago, The King was applauded and welcomed into the city he was to be crucified in a week later. I held back tears during worship today, struggling to fathom what this day must have been for Him. I like to blame those who shouted ,'Hosanna' and then denied him so quickly thereafter. It shames me knowing I do it also, maybe in less obvious ways.
I am so thankful for Him. With tears welling in my eyes, I am grateful that He made a way so I could be saved from myself. And, I am reminded, "All have fallen short of the glory of God". All.
I have every intention of attending our Good Friday service. As a kid growing up, I was put off by the amount of church we had to go to during this week and the weeks leading up to it. Now, I will move heaven and earth to make this service. It is dark. It is heavy. It is filled with sorrow. However, they didn't know that Sunday was coming. I do. I rest in it and rejoice in it and cannot wait!
Pretty dresses, lots of food, and fake Easter eggs aside...this is my favorite holiday and I cherish it and the meaning of it all. And, I am so grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I am SO with you. Wow...this weeks message was....just like yours and my heart was broken. I too...felt the weight of it.
I also could not sing HALF the songs...and you KNOW I like to sing. :0(
It is good...I agree...truly one of my favorites. We just can't earn grace like this...can we.?
Reading your post and Amber's comment made me wish I was in church with ya'll yesterday. I am also wishing I had some amount of Easter excitement as I just feel kind of dead here this year. I don't know why but I want to look at that...
Either way, your post made me long to experience something more with Jesus in such a monumental week that means so much to us as believers. Thanks for sharing your heart. (o:
Post a Comment