Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm not bragging...

I'm really not.

It's just that sometimes there are things, comments, and incidents that remind you how fortunate you are to have received this 'lot' in life. Today I am reveling at the husband I have been blessed with.

We have been together almost 6 years. I know, that is quite short of eternity, but all the same, our longest relationship each. We've been married 5 this summer. There is a laundry list of things I appreciate about our relationship, I won't bore you with the details ( I may compile a list for him one of these days). One biggie is this: In almost 6 years, I can tell you we have raised our voices to one another less than 5 times. Seriously. This list would include yelling, however, that isn't something we do. Literally speaking, we have made our voices higher than our normal tone under 5 times in 6 years. We've had about 3 times where we've made sure we are out of earshot of our son because the discussion became heated and wasn't for him to hear. No shouting, ever. No name calling, ever. No bringing up hurtful mistakes of the past. Although we never discussed it before getting married, we both knew we wanted a relationship built on communication, not the lack thereof.


I love you, babe. Thanks for putting forth so much effort for our family. It is absolutely appreciated.


(Sorry the pics are so itty bitty).

2 comments:

my life: said...

You got an award!!!! Go pick it up girly...*not at my place*...now go find it!!!!!!!!!! :0)

Andy said...

Thank you too babe for being the women of my dreams!!! (and I would love that list sometime) :)