Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Backpack

So I was talking to my good friend today, bouncing my stresses off her, alleviating them a bit in the process.

I feel like I have this proverbial 'backpack' that holds all of my stresses, the things that sit on my mind on a day to day basis. These are not generally the things that are at the forefront of my mind, but rather the low lying, ever present things to be concerned about until they remedy themselves (God works it out in his time is what I really mean by this). I feel like they take refuge in my backpack and wait. I may not think of them often, but I have this feeling in the back of my mind that they are still there. Today my friend gave me news (potentially good) that we will be able to take over the care of her foster daughter in early December should the courts decide not to send her home with her dad at this time. This is amazing news because:

1)We were under the impression she could only come to us once we had our pre-adoptive license completed
2)We have not had our personality tests evaluated yet (one of two things that need to be complete for a pre-adoptive home)
3)We have not yet had the 2nd in home visit to complete this license.
4)We are not ready for this visit to take place because my hubby is still unemployed and I'm pretty sure that would prevent us from getting this license

So, for us to be able to take her in December is nothing short of amazing. I was so worried, yet prayerful, about the timing of it all. And now, one thing is removed from the backpack.

Granted, some days the backpack is light and my brow is worry free (I tend to wrinkle it into 3-4 horizontal creases across my forehead- I look perplexed/goofy while doing it). However, I'm afraid those days have been few as of late.

I have faith in my Father who loves me (for reasons I'll never comprehend) and I know He's got this--all of 'this'--covered. I needn't worry and yet I do.

But tonight, this concern has been taken away from me and I'm so thankful. Even if T doesn't end up with us, the worrying about it is gone for now. My daily prayer is that whatever is best for her will take place in December. If that is us, rock on and we will absolutely embrace it. If we are not best for her, I will have a hard time reasoning this, but I will accept it. I am trusting in a faithful God.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Apparently we have another visit to get thru as well! Oh what a wonderful system we have.