Friday, October 10, 2008

My first visit to S.C.A.N.

So, today I had my initial visit to SCAN, and it is going to be logged on the "Not So Favorite Things To Do" list. I went in the wrong door initially, apparently I wasn't listening to the directions as closely as I thought. That, or my brain omitted that vital information thinking it would be funny to see how my body reacted. Dad told me I came in the wrong door, SCAN worker told me too. Either way, I will not make that mistake again.

I got to me 'dad'. That is also going on aforementioned list. He was particularly proud of himself today, and he felt the need to tell me why. I don't care, even a little. When I picked her up, the worker commented, at length, as to why she had a pacifier today. I don't know this child really well, so I thought maybe a paci would make any transition better. Yes, she is two- I know this. However, she isn't mine-she's not mine even a little bit- and I didn't want to be the one to make the call of giving it to her or taking it away. However, looking at the big picture I'm not sure it's a huge deal. I'm not sure why I was made to feel like it was. As my friend told me a few minutes following this incident, next time can only be better. I need to borrow that attitude today.

1 comment:

Andy said...

We will have to get some thick skin for this fostering thing, I think babe! Would have traded you or the wallpapper I was removing for SCAN... Love you! :)