Monday, October 6, 2008

Some of My Favorites

As the title describes, these pictures are of some of my 'favorite' things in my house. I have a lot of things I would put into the 'favorite' category from outside and from other random times in my life; but these things are near me and they are from now:

This is Maeic's room. I love to paint the walls of our home in different colors and designs. Unfortunately, my mind is always much more precise than my skill level. It makes me feel like this house is my home, where I feel most comfortable. Also, although this looks like a mountain scape-that was not at all my intention. It didn't turn out too badly though.


This is the office that I spent, literally, 18 hours completing. If given another opportunity to paint it, I think I could easiy do it in half the time. My, how hind sight is 20/20. I love it though, earth tones, stripes that are not quite as straight as I would like them to be. When I get to obsessing over their lack of straightness, I remember the 18 hours I spent/wasted and figure they look just fine to me!


I love this creature! She is our 80 pound Akita named Coda. She is a big 5 year old baby. We purchased her 3 weeks into our relationship, and she is going just as strong as we are! She is very loyal, she moves to whatever room I am in, and she falls asleep there. She's not energetic, but she is loyal. We can't have both I guess!


This is my new favorite jacket. It is a brand new, $68 dollar Fossil jacket that I got for $4 at a garage sale! I had a strong dislike for garage sales (I feel bad if I don't have any interest in the junk someone else is trying to sell. It's weird, I know), but now I'm feeling pretty good about them!


I love these body wash scents! I feel so clean after using the Sea Island cotton, and so yummy after washing with the Wild Honeysuckle. These are two fairly inexpensive ways to feel so wonderful!



This is our son's name. Of course I love it because we created it and gave it to him. We watched The Passion of the Christ in the spring of '04 and the language in the movie was Aramaic. I thought that was a really cool word, way too long for a name. So, after some prodding from me, we decided to cut off the first part and add a vowel in the middle. Maeic is what was left. It fits him perfectly, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: