Saturday, January 31, 2009

Other things...

I felt like this blog could use a few photos of the day to day of this life our family leads. So today, our dog will be highlighted! Coda is our almost 6 year old Akita (practically a senior citizen in the dog community) and she is laid back, super cute, docile, and FURRY! Seriously, these last 2 weeks have been nothing but her shedding like crazy. There are tufts of hair everywhere, making me feel like I live in a very filthy house. It is almost impossible to keep up with unless we sweep daily. Not that you're interested, but here are some pics....




She's lucky she's cute and likes to sleep right next to my side of the bed at night. It makes me feel like she's loyal :)


Here is Hubby and Maeic attempting to sweep the hair off/out of her. Our sweeper is not nearly powerful enough, darn it. So, I tried grooming her myself. I was bound and determined to save the $50 it would cost us to bath and trim her at Petco. I failed miserably at trying to cut through that massive coat...so I ended up brushing her....




...for 45 minutes! I worked up a sweat and did it in the sunken family room, hoping the hair would not migrate to other places in the house. This is her hair, I told you it was madness!



And finally, the highlight of my Thursday morning at 9:15...



Girl Scout Thin Mints!!! Yummmmm! They are my favorite, the only way they could be better was if they were fat free!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Owens said...

Okay seriously. That's ALOT of hair. Wow.

Some days I wished I liked chocolate and mint as the thin mints aren't as bad for you as my favs - the samoas. I have to just say no as I can eat an entire box in day.