Monday, September 8, 2008

At an intersection

So, my heart is heavy and blogging seems to be an appropriate outlet at this time of night. I feel so stongly in my heart that our family is at an intesection. If nothing is to come out of this so called intersection, I will still be changed from it-I hope. If everything changes tomorrow, our God will not. He will still be faithfull, and His plan will be revealed-just differently than we were anticipating. It is so difficult in times like these not to gather up my plans and horde them to myself, keeping everything in line just as I feel it should be. Then, I am reminded of how foolish and human that is. I can't trust only when everything is going as I plan, that's not faith. There are two quotes I really like, and I found them both on a friend's Facebook page.


"When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step into the unknown, Faith is knowing one of two things will happen; there will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly" -unknown

"God is real and God is at work; He loves you for who you are but loves you too much to keep you there."

That about sums it up.

4 comments:

Andy said...

God is Awesome,no matter what happens babe! His plan not ours. Love you with every ounce of my being!

my life: said...

Praying....

junglemama said...

You have a faithful heart and I am sure that God will lead you where you need to go. The whole realm of adoption and fostercare is an awesome way to be involved in God's work.

Melissa said...

Hi Jamie!
I just found your blog and wanted to drop a note to say, "Hi!" My DH and I became certified in July and hope/pray to adopt thru foster care sooner rather than later.. We currently await "The Call". It's a crazy ride.

I look forward to reading about your journey!

Hugs From Colorado!
~M