Wednesday, September 3, 2008

How grateful I am

So, this morning I had the pleasure of spending a few hours with my wonderful friend and her beautifully brave daughter, Gracie. This morning, as I sat watching a little girl endure procedures that would have me in tears, I was reminded of two things.
1)This little girl is incredibly blessed to have a mommy to hold her and reassure her-apologizing to this little girl for the pain, wishing it away. Her life is much different than it was a year ago, and she is so fortunate for it- both of them actually.
2) I am so blessed to have a little boy whose biggest concerns include trips to the barbershop and whether he will have dry sand in his sandbox in the morning. We deal with constant crumbs on the floor of the play area while some families deal with lengthy hospital stays. We worry about disobedience and back talk while some families would love to hear words and have conversations with their children. We are so blessed to worry about little things.

I am so thankful for today.

3 comments:

my life: said...

:^)
Thank you....more than you know, thank you!

Krista said...

thanks for stopping by...and the kind words. What an awesome friend to go w/ Amber & Gracie to their appt...what a blessing to them, I'm sure!

I'll be checking in!

Princess Abigail said...

You two are beautiful friends.
Inspiring.
Nice to see your face at last, too!
You have a wonderful friend in Amber, and Amber has a bosom-buddy in you!
Speak soon
Alison