So, for all six people that may or may not read this in the coming days, I wanted to take a moment to write about a very special person. While eating my delicious Spaghetti-O's with extra cheese (because a little extra cheese never hurt anybody) I got to thinking about my blog and what it is missing. I could/should write about my hubby, so many ladies do. However, we had our office visit yesterday for the fostering class, and he got to hear me say all kinds of good things about him. We can't let him get a big head!
So, about my bff -best friend forever-( I like this label because as 5th grade as is sounds, it seems to fit too)....She is a friend like I've never had prior. Her faith is something I attain to, and although she is sometimes shaken by her surroundings (which are exceptional) she never falters in it. That is so admirable to me. She lives like she speaks, and I find that so valuable. She is very intentional in her actions to those around her-her family, hubby, friends, strangers. She is very grounded, but laughs easily-especially at my dry humor, which I love and eggs me on. So often, she pulls off the "I've got it all together look" but she will be the first to admit that this life is a journey and she may never 'have it all together'. And most likely, she will deny the former part of the last statement.
She values the things I value, and she values the things I should. As strong as she can be, her heart breaks too. She is human and readily admits this. She loves her husband, truly, and her children as well. She eagerly spends time with them, giving them so much of her energy and self.
Not to leave out, she is a beautiful lady who does not look a day over 25, and someday I will hate her for it (of course I am joking!).
When I first met her, I complained about the 5 hour unnecessary road trip I took with her for work. I thought riding in a car for that long with no purpose was a huge waste of my time and day. How my perspective has changed! I thank God for putting me in that van for 6 hours, I gained a bff out of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
You know I HAD to post on this one!!!! ;^) Your too good to me....but I NEVER regretted that trip...hm... :o)
You know I love you right???? I'm your biggest fan as well!!!
hmmm... You mean SECOND biggest fan. :)
did you think I wouldn't see the comment on such an old post??? :^)
Thank You....fruit loop! I'm just not fit for conversation....yet. I will have to tell you of my conversations with Ebony....
Why is it that reading your posting, I just KNEW you were talking about Amber? From all the way across the ocean, her bffness comes across loud and clear! Well done on having such a wonderful friend! And thank you for your comments on Abigail's blog : she will be keeping her eye on you from now on!
Take care
Alison
Post a Comment