Sunday, August 10, 2008
Update on sensor
Okay, this post is specifically for 50% of my viewing audience (the other 50% already knows it). Anyway, not super happy with the sensor. Thankfully, it is not life sustaining. This is a device that I can actually screw up, and it will not perform correctly. Maybe the frustration is solely coming from me, this is quite possible. If you enter a blood sugar into the sensor, it is considered a calibration. This needs to be done 2-3 times within a 24 hour period. However, to get an accurate reading, my blood sugar cannot be rising or falling. This has proven to be very difficult to do, especially for a Type 1 diabetic. If I do take a reading and it is wrong, I will get a warning of 'bad calibration'. If I do two wrong in a row, 'bad sensor'. Which means that I have to literally rip the sensor from my skin and start over with that huge needle. The beginning process of calibrating and starting a sensor takes 2 hours, so it is super inconvenient to do it before going to bed. All of this said, I have not had it in for a week! (Boy, I sure hope the people at PHP-insurance company- aren't reading this! My doctor and I had to jump through many hoops to get this sensor!). So, I'm sure I will start it again soon, it's just that I wasn't expecting this much stress to go along with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I feel like it's quite possible, that before long, you could be in therapy over this sensor! This is madness!!! I say give the sensor back....can you do that???? ;^)
BTW...did you have fun at the lake???
Post a Comment