Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Something weird about me

So, instead of boring you with medical details in my life (albeit they are few) I will instead try to describe something unusual about me. I have no idea where this comes from, and it's not that great. It's actually annoying to me and dissappointing to others.

I have a really hard time showing or displaying emotion when others expect a particular response. For instance, someone gets me a card (emotional one, yes) and says, "I think this is going to make you cry". I absolutely cannot squeeze one tear out. I don't know if it pyches me out, or the expectation is too great, or what. If someone recommends a movie and says, "You will pee your pants laughing!" I struggle to find this emotion. I think it may be the strong headed-ness in me thinking, "No, I won't." I don't know if it's independentness (sp). Either way, it's weird, and it's kind of stupid. As I think back to these specific occasions, it does seem like a particular type of person is suggesting these emotions to me...that may be a reason too! (p.s. It's not either one of you!)

1 comment:

my life: said...

You are the cutest girl EVER!! you crack me up....I too struggle with this...hm...it's a lot of pressure...I think that's my problem!