So, every night before I kiss Maeic goodnight, we say prayers. Mainly it has been, "What do you want to thank Jesus for?" and he looks around the room. We end up thanking Him for windows, walls, blankies, clothes, and heaven FORBID I leave any of the random things he mentioned out of said prayer. Well, as I've posted before, we have some ailing family members, so I put them in there too. Tonight's went a little like this, and yes, he is three and has a short attention span.
"Dear Jesus, thank you so much for making Grandpa better. Please watch over Grandma Sara when she meets You. Amen."
He says, "When she meets me?"
"No, when she meets Jesus. She is sick and she is tired and she might meet Jesus soon."
"Will she go there fast?"
"Yeah, I think she will go fast."
"Are there toys there for her?" (as much as I'm sure he is concerned for her, he is looking out to make sure she's not going to have too much fun without him!)
This then creates a dialog filled with the wonders heaven will hold for Grandma through the eyes of a three year old boy. We decided that there would, of course, be dinosaurs there. Grandma has never shown interest in dinosaurs, she may pass on this attraction. There will be lots and lots of toys. There will be elephants, tigers, lions, and alligators (which are normally mean, says Maeic) and they will all be nice and friendly. Also, if she were to fall down, she would not get scrapes on her elbows like Maeic has now. The ground will be soft, maybe squishy.
I tried to explain that heaven is not a place he can go to on a whim, but it is a place you go to when your body is tired (I don't want to hear tomorrow morning that his plans for the day are to go to heaven). I also told him I was looking forward to meeting Jesus, Maeic wants it to be God. I told him I would hug Him, sing for Him, and maybe even dance. "Will you kiss him?" he asks. "Yes" is all I can reply. That is enough for him, and me, for one evening. This will be an ongoing conversation throughout the years, I am sure. I hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Again...add a little pic, perhaps him in his bed and it's....PERFECTION! I love the heart of a child...trying to figure it out!!!!
So glad he has a mama like you to walk him through it....
Post a Comment