As the title suggests, this is my new favorite song on the Christian Radio I listened to everytime I'm in the car. Although I can't identify with some of the lyrics, and I'm so thankful for that, I can identify with some. The song is by Natalie Grant and is called Our Hope Endures. Here are the lyrics:
You would think only so much can go wrong
Calamity only strikes once
And you assume this one has suffered her share
Life will be kinder from here
Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years
Sometimes the sky rains night after night
When will it clear?
You would think only so much can go wrong
Calamity only strikes once
And you assume this one has suffered her share
Life will be kinder from here
Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years
Sometimes the sky rains night after night
When will it clear?
How do we comprehend peace within pain?
Or joy at a good man's wake?
Walk a mile with the woman whose body is racked
With illness, oh how can she laugh?
Oh, 'cause sometimes the sun stays hidden for years
Sometimes the sky rains night after night
When will it clear?
But our Hope endures the worst of conditions
It's more than our optimism
Let the earth quake
Our Hope is unchanged
Emmanuel, God is with us
El Shaddai, all sufficient
We never walk alone
And this is our hope
But our Hope endures the worst of conditions
It's more than our optimism
Let the earth quake
Our Hope is unchanged
I love the line "It's more than our optimism". I feel like so many people don't get this. Andy and I struggled with secondary infertility for a year, it made me feel like a crazy person all the while trying my darndest to trust Him and His timing. Six months ago, I just gave it to Him completely. I still think about it from time to time, but it is somthing I've accepted. I just assume God has 'closed my womb', making way in my life for something else amazing.
People ask us, me mostly, when we are going to have more kids. I tell them that it's not up to us, meaning God is taking care of it. I'm not banking on it anymore. Almost everyone has responded me, "Oh, it will happen when you least expect it! Take your mind off it, it will happen!" And they say this with big smiles and faces full of optimism. That's not what it's about. It's about His plan for our lives, and I try my hardest to live my life according to this.
I apologize for the strong opinions, this just seems to be the best place to unload them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Never apologize! Nicely put...my friend. I'm telling you, wisdom beyond your years. :0)
I'll have to be listening for this one....
Post a Comment