Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Day was Amazing!

Today Andy, Maeic, and I decided to enjoy the great outdoors, because how often can you do that on the 5th of November in Indiana? It was a warm 72 degrees-45 to 50 is the norm. So, we took off to the other side of town to explore the
Everything was perfect about it. We walked from the parking lot to the clearing where there were a few things to explore. If you are between the ages of 28 and 37 (which Andy and I are) there isn't a ton to get excited about. However, if you are 4, that is a whole different story!
We found this cool pump that expells water when the valve is opened. There was even a bar of soap hanging from what looked like a tired pantyhose. I thought it to be a great idea, considering the port-a-pots were about 200 feet away.





Maeic's big find of the day were sticks of various sizes. This one he thought he might clear from the path, which was very thoughtful of him considering he was the one to put it in the path in the first place. Because of the rules of the Preserve, we were not allowed to take home leaves, sticks, rocks, or animals of any kind. Bummer.

I have looked forward to this day for a long time now. I love it that Maeic can take our picture (we have so few together). Now maybe a few lessons on aiming....



This picture does not even come close to capturing the amazing view of the leaves 'snowing' down on us today. Maeic would find a tree he could easily manipulate and start shaking as hard as his little arms would allow. This would then cause these amazing golden leaves to fall gently, gracefully from the sky. After this, we found leaves in Andy's shirt, in my purse, and crunched up in our shoes. It was a great day for a family outing-we're going to try it again tomorrow!

2 comments:

my life: said...

Excellent post!!!! I love the pic of you two...he's actually not off by that much. :0)
looking forward to today...with super woman!

Andy said...

Yes, it was an awesome day to watch our son learn and explore! Love you babe!